According to www.dictionary.com, ham (noun) means
- that part of a hog’s hind leg.
- the part of the leg back of the knee.
If used as a verb (hammed, hammering),
However, the current use of ham mostly heard and seen in social media contains a total different meaning. Ham has instead become H.A.M. The acronym behind H.A.M. is called Hard as a motherfucker.
Often at times, you would be hearing, for example, hardcore Youtuber saying “I’m going ham”, which translates into “I’m going all in as hard as a motherfucker”. This means that he is going all out suicidal diving to a point of no return. H.A.M or just ham soon goes hand-to-hand with going ham as a phrase.
Ham or Going ham is used as,
- going hard and harder, fast and faster, and strong and stronger. (3DBrownell)
- to do something as best as you possibly can. (PVPSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN)
- meaning to put a large amount of effort into something (ThatGuyWhoDefines)
- If I have to eat one more bologna sandwich I’m going ham.
For additional example, you can watch how YouTube Gamer, Sir MFPallytime, used the phrase in his video at this link, https://youtu.be/_eXMVBsLod8?t=1h3m32s.
In the end,
You’ll probably hear a lot of people using the phrase, ‘I’m going ham’ during your daily conversation, especially in terms of video gaming.
Well, that’s that. Thanks for reading the post and hope you enjoy reading it! Cheers!